- Update Bootcamp to at least version 3.1. Previous versions do not support Windows 7. You can download the required update from Apple's official website.
- Open Bootcamp through "Finder."
- Then go to "Applications," then select "Utilities" and click on the program to continue.
- Now we will partition hard disk space for Windows 7. (Maintain enough space for Mac OS X by setting Windows 7 partition in the range of 10-15-25giga byte)
- Now click on to partition.
- Boot camp icon will show on your OS X desktop, if partition was successful.
- Now put your Windows 7 DVD in DVD drive and click on start installation to continue.
- After that your Mac will restart with Windows 7 and will display all available partitions.
- Now Select Boot camp partition and click on format.
- After that Windows 7 starts installation automatically.
- After that installation your Mac will restart. Remove your Windows 7 DVD exactly at this point. (Note:- For step by step installation process can take help from my previous post How to clean install windows 7.)
- Now you will be booted into Windows 7 installation and here you can select language, time zone, display and many other properties.
- After that insert Mac OS X DVD for installation of device drivers. Boot camp installer will launch and here select to install Apple software update for Windows.
- Now connect to internet, download video card drivers or other missing drivers and Windows 7 updates.
- Finally restart after complete installation.
- Now select options key while on restart .You will see these multiple boot choices for OS X and Microsoft Windows 7.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Simple steps to install windows 7 on a MAC: